Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Ponder and Ponder...


My heart bursts with homage
As I am directed to the eternity,
A place filled with wonders,
My head is then blueprinted
with pities, lessons, poets, languages,
Names of the significant, quotes,
Artists and their arts,
mentors, philosophy, and architecture.
.
I ponder, and ponder,
No slothful gratitude is enough,
To bask in your light,
When withering attention paid to me,
I bite my lips trying hard to keep myself
from steering off the road,
And service myself to the opinion pages
of the locale paper.                

8 comments:

Susie Clevenger said...

Love this...I too have been overwhelmed at times by so much "Art" but oh the joy of having read, viewed, and listened.

~L said...

when I read this... I feel I am reading to a beat that is such a uplifting flow... this was a great write:)

~L
http://untitledmoments.com/2012/01/05/i-will-paint-you-a-rainbow/

Ruchi Jain said...

Ohh pondering task .. very nice..

Snowflakes said...

great reflection on your life journey.

ccchampagne said...

There is something about this poem that really hits home with me... But I'm not sure if I'm reading it in the way you wrote it. Then again, isn't that partly what good poetry is about, the pondering and interpretation? Very nice piece!

Jacqui Binford-Bell said...

When withering attention paid to me,
I bite my lips trying hard to keep myself
from steering off the road

These lines hit home for me. Seems to sum up an artist's life.

tigercity said...

may we ask who you are paying homage to??

Kay said...

I feel as though you are paying homage to all that's beautiful. This is an incredible piece. Thank you for sharing it.