Thursday, July 6, 2017

short story slam week 71, y-chapel

story of the week 71, july 6 to july 23, 2017  

 

y-chapel


university of central oklahoma, Edmond, OK

 
  Don Betz, president of uco

  david boren and bob bowlsby, photo by jay ywomans
Chronicles of Oklahoma, Volume 94, Number 1
Chronicles of Oklahoma, Volume 94, Number 1
Yesterday I received complimentary copies of the Chronicles of Oklahoma‘s Volume 94, Issue Number 1, which features my article “The YWCA’s Y-Chapel of Song and the Central Plate” about the University of Central Oklahoma’s Y-Chapel of Song. Because it is my first print publication, I decided to write this acknowledgements post to thank several people for their help.
I first learned about the Y-Chapel of Song when my wife, Helen, and I became engaged and started to look at wedding locations. We decided upon the Y-Chapel partly because of its cost, but also due to its location on campus. Several months later, I began my research shortly after I completed Historical Research and continued the project for Dr. Lacher’s “Social/Cultural History of the United States since 1877” class.2016-07-09 13.47.46
As I researched the Y-Chapel further, I discovered amazing women throughout history on UCO’s campus. They must be remembered, recognized, and respected. I hope my article will stimulate more interest in Oklahoma and Edmond women’s history.